Monday, August 14, 2006

no more summer classes

No more! No more classes! I am so excited that I finally get to read what I WANT to read that I had a hard time deciding WHAT to read!!

First, I started with Laurie Halse Anderson's FEVER 1793, which was great.

Then, I read a short novel by Cynthia L. Smith called RAIN IS NOT MY INDIAN NAME, which was good, but I kinda lost the point throughout. It's for ages 10-14, so maybe that's my problem!

Now, I'm in the middle of Cornelia Funke's INKHEART. Okay, sure, I'm a few YEARS behind everyone else with this title, but I am absolutely fascinated with it! It is set in the 21st century and is about a single father who is a book binder (Meggie calls him a "book doctor"); something mysterious happens when he reads aloud from INKHEART, and their world is changed forever. Did I mention it's going to be made into a movie??! AND that it's a trilogy??! INKSPELL is the second installment. Someone else pick it up so we can chat about it!!!

Next on the list...the sequel to INKHEART, INKSPELL, and then...on to my bottomless library that is just begging to be read quickly before the fall semester sneaks up on me!!

Keep reading!

Love,
Dawn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home